As you may know Microsoft has replaced our familiar Outlook Express that's been around since Windows 98. It 's now replaced with a stand alone application as: Microsoft Windows Live Mail part of the Windows Essentials Suite. Windows Essentials Suite normally is a pre-installed with most new computers by default which in most cases is true but not always, so for your convenience we have provided you a link to download now if it's not already available to you at this moment.
Click Here to Download > Microsoft Windows Essentials
For those of you that already have Windows Live Mail installed let's continue:
- Start by opening Windows Live Mail if you haven't already done so. If you've just installed Windows Live Mail this will show in your Start Menu by searching for Windows Live Mail in the search pane at the bottom.
Alternatively you can click Start Menu > All Programs > Windows Live Mail if this method is easier for you.
- Now if this is the first time you have run Windows Live Mail, it will ask you to add a new account.
- In case no window appears for you to add a account, click on the Accounts Tab on the menu at the top left and click on the button that look like @+ that has email underneath as its title to add your email account.
- Now a new window will open and ask for some basic information to get started. Go ahead and now enter your E-mail Address, Password and Name.
- Before we continue click on the box next to Manually configure server settings for your e-mail account.
- Now click the Next button.
- You will now be prompted to enter information about your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- For your Incoming Mail Server type: Select IMAP (Recommended)
- Enter mail.ectisp.net for both Incoming Mail Server & Outgoing Mail Server also ignore any port number you may see as these are normal by default, so please don't change.
- Also make sure you click the box next to Requires Authentication under your outgoing setting are you won't be able to send mail.
- After you've completed all the fields, click the Next button and then click Finish.
- Your ECTISP email account now appears on the left-side of Windows Live Mail.
- From Windows Live Mail’s top menu, click Sync (or press F5) to send & receive email.
- Windows Live Mail will now download any email saved in your ECTISP email account that's still on the mail server.
Congratulations! You’ve just configured Windows Live Mail to send & receive email.